Robin Hood Camp recommends a minimum of 8 tops (t-shirts or polo), 5 pairs of shorts, 2 sweatshirts (hooded or crew), 2 pairs of sweatpants, 2 laundry bags, and 1 RH jacket. Laundry is done once a week, so campers need enough uniforms for seven days.
We suggest packing in a large, soft-sided duffle bag.
NOTE: Personalized Name Tapes and Nape Application Service are required for non-U.S. campers.
- Personalized Name Tapes 1 required for non-U.S. campers
- Name Tape Application Service 1 required for non-U.S campers or orders shipped to camp
- RH Shorts (Boys Shorts)/(Girls Running Shorts) 5 required
- RH T-shirts or Polos 6-8 total required
- RH Jacket (Adult Jacket)/(Youth Jacket) 1 required
- RH Hooded Sweatshirt or RH Crew Sweatshirt 2 total required
- RH Green Sweatpants 2 required
- Rain Coat/Poncho 1 (green) required. Rain days can be common at camp. Most campers prefer to bring a lightweight, water resistant rain coat but if your camper wants ultimate protection from the rain, we recommend the heavier, waterproof Poncho.
- Laundry Bags 2 required UNLESS you purchased two in previous years that are in good condition (eg, the camper name is legible) and you plan to use them again.
- Water shoes 1pr required. Neoprene, slip-on shoes such as pictured below. No "Crocs" or "Tevas".
- Camp Shoes/Sneakers 2 pr required, 3 pr (total) recommended
- Day Backpack 1 required
- Jeans 2 recommended
- Underwear 14 recommended
- White Athletic Socks 14 pr recommended
- Pajamas 3 recommended
- Bathrobe 1 recommended
- Slippers 1pr recommended
- Swimsuit 3 recommended. (Full coverage bottoms required for females with strict enforcement.)
- Swim Shirt 1 highly recommended
- Waterproof Boots 1 pr required. Rain days can be common at camp. Most girl campers like to wear a pair of rainboots on rainy days and most boy campers prefer a pair of waterproof hiking boots.
- Beach Towels (thin) 2 recommended
- Riding Helmet and Boots**
- Insect Repellent*
- Mosquito Netting 1 recommended. If your camper is susceptible to mosquitoes, we recommend the purchase of a mosquito net. The counselors help set up the net in the cabin.
- Sturdy Flashlight 1 recommended
- Camera/Film* No phone cameras: inexpensive digital or disposable only.
- Reading books Paper only: no electronic devices.
- Tennis Racquet** Recommended if your camper will play competitive tennis.
- Baseball Glove**
- Soccer Cleats (1 pr), Shin Guards (1 pr) and Long Socks (3 pr). Required if your camper will play competitive Soccer.
- Sleeping Bag*
- Large duffle bag
- Refillable Water Bottles 2 required
- One or two sets of regular clothing to wear for the Friday Night Dance and “free dress” days.
- Bedding, towels and trunks are provided to campers at no cost, however, you may send your own if you wish or purchase extras from this site. Bedding includes 3 blankets, one pillow, 2 pillow cases, 2 sheet sets, 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths.
*Can be rented or purchased at Camp Store while at camp.
**Camp does provide baseball gloves, lacrosse sticks, tennis rackets, riding helmets and other equipment without charge. Do send camper’s own equipment—clearly marked—if you prefer. Riding boots are recommended for children wishing to participate in our Riding program. Wetsuits are required for campers who are aggressive water-skiers.